Twitzxc. [:

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 29 June 2009

    Others.

    Woah, what a weekend it has been.

    I'm sure Pst. Joakim's sermons left lasting impressions & even brought back memories for the whole congregations. Now I know what it really means to be Christ-like. It's not just about being religious & constantly serving in church, it's also about being others-centered & reaching out to people outside the 4 walls of the church. Now, it means so much more for us Peirce peeps in church to do even more to win Peirce for His glory. It doesn't matter if the school's culture is bad. It doesn't matter if our schoolmates aren't the ideal friends we want. All that matters is changing & impacting lives one by one, at all cost.

    I'm sure everyone would wonder at least once: If you're a Christian & you see someone in need of help, would you be the standard Christian we see today, who has the typical S'porean attribute & mind your own business, or would you be the original & genuine one, who would practically give your life to save another?
    Tough decision, isn't it? That's what I thought too. Sure, you can say you would be able to do it when you're asked but when it comes down to actually making that decision, its not as simple as you thought initially.

    Peirce strength's currently 8. I'm most certainly not satisfied with it, obviously after the sermons & all the testimonies, & I'm sure my comrades feels the same as well.
    It won't be an easy task but if it means to have lives saved, we'll do whether it takes to fulfill it.
    School's starting in a few hours time. I'm ready to make things happen, & I believe with all the faith I have in my heart that He's just waiting for the chance to magnify the results.


    Others, that's the word for this season of salvation.


    "Where are the people that accused me?
    The ones who beat me down and bruised me?
    They hide just out of sight, can’t face me in the light.
    They’ll return but I’ll be stronger.

    Sometimes it’s hard to just keep going
    But faith is moving without knowing.
    Can I trust what I can’t see?
    To reach my destiny?
    I want to take control but I know better.

    Forget the fear, it’s just a crutch.
    It tries to hold you back & turn your dreams to dust.
    All you need to do is just trust.

    God, I want to dream again.
    Take me where I’ve never been.
    I want to go there, this time I’m not scared.
    Now I am unbreakable, it’s unmistakable.
    No one can touch me, nothing can stop me."

    ;Fireflight - Unbreakable

    No comments: